NWGA Scanner | April 9th, 2021

Drunk Dalton man arrested twice after causing disturbance at the Oyster Pub

According to a Dalton Police Department incident report, on April 3rd, 2021, at approximately 1:28 AM, Officer O’Neal was dispatched to The Oyster Pub located at 933 Market Street for a disturbance call. Officer Herrera and Officer O’Neal arrived on the scene. Several other officers arrived on the scene also. One of the subjects involved identified as Freddy Tibbs, who stated he did not have his ID, and the bouncer would not let him in. Tibbs stated he had been there many times before, and they should have let him in. Officer Herrera spoke with the bouncy, who pointed out another subject later identified as Mark Lee Sims, 25, of Dalton. Officers could smell the odor of alcoholic beverages coming from Sims’s breath and body. Sims did not leave the bar after being told to leave. Both Sims and Tibbs were arguing with Bouncer over Tibbs not having an ID. They started to argue with the officer and told him they knew the owner Rafeek Mughrabi. The owner Mughrabi came out and told Sims he had to leave for the night as his bouncer had already told him. After several minutes of trying to argue, they walked away. Shortly after, Sims came back to the sidewalk where all of the Dalton PD officers were and began to argue with them again. Officers who were being nice explained to Sims they had already told him to leave or he would go to jail. Officer O’Neal told him again he could leave or go to jail. He would not leave after all the officers told him to just leave. Sims was placed under arrest and transported to the Whitfield County Jail. While en route, Sims continued to argue with Officer O’Neal and asked over and over why he had gotten arrested. While he was arguing with the officer, the officer could hear his voice is slurred. Once at the jail, the jail had him blow into a portable breathalyzer, and he gave a sample of. 074. Sims began to become non-compliant with the jail staff and was booked for public drunkenness and criminal trespass. According to a Whitfield County Sheriff’s Office incident report, at approximately 6:01 AM, Deputy Bryson responded to the lobby of Whitfield County Sheriffs Office on the Central Control side in reference to a disturbance. The deputy arrived and observed Sims yelling and causing a huge scene. The deputy asked Sims to calm down, but he refused and continued yelling. Sims was also asked to leave the premises but refused to leave. Sims was advised he was going to be placed under arrest again and to turn around and place his hands behind his back. Sims did not comply and was placed in handcuffs. The deputy could smell the odor of an alcoholic beverage emitting from Sims’s breath. Sims was walked around the Whitfield County Sheriffs Office to booking, where he was charged with disorderly conduct, criminal trespass, and public drunkenness. As Sims was being booked in, booking officers advised the deputy that Sims was just released from Whitfield County Jail at approximately 5:33 AM. Dispatch advised Central Control reported he was causing a scene at approximately 5:55 AM. Booking officers also advised when Sims was released. He still had a BAC of .048. Sims started punched the glass to the holding cell and screaming at booking officers. According to online arrest records, Sims several alcohol-related arrests, including multiple DUI arrests in the past few years in Whitfield and Bartow County.