NWGA Scanner | February 5th, 2021

Smoke alarms credited with saving Trion residents during Thursday afternoon house fire

On Thursday, February 4th, 2021, at around 1:25 PM, Chattooga County 911 received a call reporting a residential structure fire on Walnut Street in Trion. Trion Engine 12 arrived shortly after advising heavy involvement with flames showing out the roof. According to residents, they worked third shift and was asleep at the time of the fire. They say their smoke detectors woke them up and allowed them to get to safety. Volunteer firefighters with Summerville Fire and Hayes Correctional Fire Department arrived and assisted Trion with the aggressive interior attack. The fire appears to have started in the back of the structure. Trion Fire Department stated they would like to remind residents they have smoke detectors free of charge and will install them for free. Trion Fire will be accepting donations of clothing, shoes, and toys for this family of 8!